Title VI Notice of Protection
Macon-Russell Community Action Agency, Inc. operates its program without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Macon-Russell Community Acton Agency, Inc.
For more information on the civil rights program and the procedures to file a compliant, contact us at:
Macon-Russell Community Action Agency, Inc.
1103 Avant Street
Tuskegee, AL 36083
A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with:
The Office of Civil Rights
Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor-TCR
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20590
Community Action Agency, Inc.
A private, nonprofit community agency, first established as Macon County Community Action Committee, Inc., in 1965. The agency programs are funded through the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA); South Central Alabama Development Commission on Aging (SCADC);Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT); Alabama Business Charitable Trust; Macon County Commission; and the Macon County Racing Commission.
To reduce the harsh impact of poverty generated through inflation; lack of preparation (education or other training) or loss of income; by providing a “people helping people” attitude and offering a “hand up, not a hand out” for area citizens.
Recent Highlights (These numbers do not reflect any 4th quarter CSBG allocation of funds)
- The Agency has assisted 15 Emergency Rental / Mortgage clients totaling $7,220.00 as of August 31, 2016.
- MRCAA sponsored 1 child on an educational trip to Washington, DC.
- The agency sponsored a Healthcare Education seminar in Macon County where 27 low-income individuals attended.
- Our Russell County Office offered its Health Screening for low-income individuals / families in September 2016.
- MRCAA Macon County Office provided its Financial Literacy classes in September of 2016 in two sessions to expand availability for low-income citizens and the public. Attendance was more than 50 individuals.
- MRCAA Russell County Office will continue to offer Financial Literacy classes.
- The agency secured two additional partnerships during the fiscal year. (Priority Veterans and Nothing But Blessing, LLC).
- The agency will continue to fulfill its at-risk youth initiative for both Macon and Russell Counties when the CSBG funds are able to be drawn.
- MRCAA, Inc assisted with the packaging and delivery of over 60 basket/boxes of food per month to low-income individuals/families. (over 720 individuals / families served annually).
- The agency's information and referrals for clients have increased significantly from prior fiscal year.
- MRCAA, Inc. as well as all 21 Community Action Agencies has received its 4th quarter CSBG modification. The 4th quarter allocation amounted to $66,884 for MRCAA, Inc. However, funds were not available until October 1, 2016 due to ADECA closing out its fiscal year in the accounting department. The remaining fiscal year funds assisted in the agency fulfilling its commitments and obligations to qualified low-income citizens of Macon and Russell Counties.
- The agency's strategic plan will be revised and updated to reflect its expansion efforts in FY2017 into Russell County in reference to participating, assisting and contributing to the Hurtsboro Garden Project that caters to low-income individuals / families that will help combat poverty in our communities.
Patrick D. Smith, Executive Director
*** Additional program and Agency updates will be posted soon